Decking Gold Coast
decking for Gold Coast homes
Do you need to create or add onto your outdoor living area to take advantage of the beautiful weather in your Gold Coast or Tweed Coast home? Designing and building an outdoor living area is an opportunity for you to create an environment that reflects your desired lifestyle.
The builders at AT Constructions are specialists in increasing outdoor living spaces. We love to create award-winning decking, pergola, lounge and BBQ area designs. Your outdoor living space can be designed to incorporate your existing or new pool
Decks look great when finished with pinewood or hardwood. They’re also very functional for blocks that aren’t flat. Decks allow you to make practical use of parts of your property that may have gone unused.
Building your outdoor living area should be an exciting time. We make building easy and stress-free, but most importantly make you feel ecstatic with how your dream outdoor area has turned into a reality. To view some of the pergolas and decks we’ve built for Gold Coast and Tweed Coast homes, visit our recent projects. So, if you’d like to sit down and discuss how we can make your dream outdoor living area a reality, call us on:
Pergolas and decks have become a real feature in most Gold Coast and Tweed Coast homes. With the extensive range of pergola roof lines available, you not only get a great looking pergola, but a functional outdoor area that captures the sun and breeze. If your home is situated in an area that does not capture the best aspects of the sun and breeze, you could consider an opening sunroof.
Do I Need a Permit To Build a Deck on the Gold CoastYes in most cases, you need a permit to build a deck – certainly in Queensland. According to the City of Gold Coast there are certain building works that do not require approval. This includes decks up to 1.0 metre high and 10m2 when not located in any required setback area. While building approval may not be required, it still must be checked against the Queensland Development codes, National Construction Plan & City Plan.
- In accordance with the Queensland Building Act 1975, a building approval is required for the construction of a balcony, deck or verandah where any of the following apply: A plan area of more than 10m²; or
- an overall height of more than 2.4m; or
- a mean height of more than 2.1m; or
- any side longer than 5m; or
- the floor height is higher than 1m above the natural ground surface; or
- not freestanding (attached to another building or structure). Natural ground surface means the finished surface level when the lot was created on the plan of survey. Mean height is the total elevational area of the building divided by the horizontal length of the building.
HOW TO GET A BUILDING PERMIT FOR A DECK ON THE GOLD COAST?At AT Constructions, we recommend you work with professionals at every stage of the deck building process. We can help you at every stage, including getting a building permit to build a deck.
Contact the Gold Coast Deck builders today
CALL US ON
OR GET IN TOUCH
If you’re looking for a builder on the Gold or Tweed Coast that is an expert in building quality homes, then look no further than AT Constructions. We provide a complete range of services to homeowners throughout the region, including: